So what's a Papa to do this summer for fun with a 7 year old boy and a 3 year old girl?
Here's my list of things that are already on the list:
- Elm Creek Park Reserve -$40 for the Family for the summer. This is one of the coolest pool/beaches in the Twin Cities area. We'll spend hours here.
- AMF Free Bowling for Kids - Free for the kiddos. They have a parent pass too. I bought it last year but didn't use it enough. Just let the kids bowl. You get 2 free games per kid per day.
- Science Museum of MN - We get this membership every year. If you are teacher, you get $30 of the family membership. It's a great way to spend fun time and *gasp* do some learning. The current pirate exhibit is incredible.
- New Hope Cinema Grill Summer Movie Pass - $40 for 12 weeks of kids movies. This is our rainy day activity. We'll probably spend some money on popcorn. There is a new 12:00 movie every week. You can go every day if you want.
- Manor Park Splash Pad - Free. Robbinsdale. Buckets, fountains, sprayers. Enough said
- Oak Hill Splash Pad - $1/person. Saint Louis Park. More water fun.
- Children's Museum Of Minnesota. $90 a year. We get this membership anyway. Another rainy day activity.
- Kiddywampus - $8/kid. Open art studio. Lots of creative energy and projects to bring home.
- Hennepin County Libraries - Free. We've got lots of cool little libraries. Might make a checklist to see how many we can get to.
- Minneapolis Parks & Recreation - Mostly free. We've got parks everywhere. Again, might make a checklist.
- Jackson Street Roundhouse - $5-$10. Trains, both real and the Thomas-type. It's a super cool museum and play area.
- Como Harriet Street Car - $2/person. An old fashioned street car that goes around the lakes area in Minneapolis. Probably followed by ice cream in Linden Hills and a trip to Wild Rumpus.
- Como Zoo. Free. Animals. Yep.
Anyone have more ideas? Leave them in the comments. I'm sure there are some fun things we are missing or that we don't even know about.