- 8 second start up. My class is ready to go in less than a minute.
- Logs right into a Google account - Gmail, Docs, etc.
- No system issues. If Wi-Fi and Google are going, your set.
- No hard mechanical hardrive. Limited SSD.
- Did I mention 8 second start up - time is crucial.
- $276 per year per student
Apple recently discontinued the education MacBook. This sealed the deal for Chromebooks, in my eyes.
This morning, I read that Apple is offering a $999 13" MacBook Air. I don't know enough about MacBook Air to make an informed decision yet. I do know that is SSD based which should make the start up time better. The cost, over three years, is a bit more than a Chromebooks but not much.
Anyone have thoughts on this? Will this be as quick and simple as a Chromebooks?