Why did I lose?
- My new table arrangement was a mess. It didn't flow once students were sitting down. Students were in the wrong positions to learn. I moved the tables back this afternoon and moved some other things around to improve flow.
- The 6th graders weren't ready for the responsibilities of working independently. I don't know when they will be. We've been working on it.
- The 7th and 8th graders were chatty today. They have days like that and I've learned to accept it to a small extent. They've never been chatty on the same day though. Perhaps it was coming off a long weekend.
- We used paper. I know. Paper! It was a disaster. I need to figure out how to integrate Google Docs or their blogs into this particular unit that we are working on. I forgot how much I hate instructing and using paper in the classroom.
- My lesson wasn't the strongest. It could have been better. It was strong last year and I thought my modifications were good for these groups. Perhaps I should have just left it along. Dang.
This is a picture that a wonderful young lady drew on one of the tables in the AVID room. Yep, that is a direct reflection on today's day in AVID.