This year, I started blogging with my students. Why?
- Fewer papers to carry around for me and the students.
- I can't stand notebooks with their frilled edges of papers ripped out. There is always one student that ruins a stack.
- Papers get lost by me and the students.
- Papers just end up on the floor or in the garbage bin.
- Technology is the hook to get the students writing.
- Collaboration automatically increases.
- Students reflect more on their own work and others work.
- The audience immediately goes from 2 or 3 to millions all over the world.
- Students love seeing others read their work
- Teachers outside of my class get a sense who the student really is.
- It takes more time to get it rolling than a notebook would. For me, the benefits outweigh this negative.
- We have log in issues once a week with our wireless connection that causes problems. That said, the benefits still outweigh this drawback.
- 8th Grade: http://tinyurl.com/avid-8th
- 7th Grade: http://tinyurl.com/avid-7th
- 6th Grade: http://tinyurl.com/avid-6th
B is for Blogging!!!